Thanks for your interest in becoming a Regional Rep for Surfers Against Sewage. The role is a voluntary position that can fit around the busyness of your life. It is tailored to bring out the skills, passion, experience and expertise you can offer.
Our network of Regional Reps is a huge asset to our on-going campaigns and projects, delivering fantastic results across the board. Our Reps are the voice of SAS in their areas. They are a grassroots movement united in mobilising their communities to protect the environment and creating ocean activists everywhere. From organising beach/river/mountain or street cleans to conducting education talks; highlighting local campaigns to taking part in SAS national activations, the Reps Programme is at the forefront of what we do.
Please send your CV and covering letter telling us about why you want to become a Rep and which region you’d like to represent. Email to jack [at] sas [dot] org [dot] uk or send to Surfers Against Sewage, Unit 2 Wheal Kitty Workshops, Wheal Kitty, St Agnes, Cornwall TR5 0RD.
Regional Reps agree to:
- Attend annual SAS Reps Training Events.
- Lead, help organise or attend SAS campaign actions, both nationally and locally.
- Recruit local members, activists and supporters to SAS campaign actions locally and nationally.
- Organise at least two beach cleans in your region annually.
- Endeavour to meet local MPs, councillors and business leaders to engage them with SAS‘s ongoing mission to protect and conserve the environment.
- Liaise with local sports clubs, university groups and other watersports associations to ensure they are engaged with current SAS campaigns.
- Promote the benefits of SAS membership to local community stakeholders.
- Become a direct SAS point of contact for the community, responding to queries, whether emails or telephone calls, or flagging with HQ where necessary.
- Promote any SAS petitions, national campaigns and other activities.
- Become a positive role model for SAS, surfers, the community and the environment.
SAS agrees to:
Obviously it isn’t all take and we want to support and develop you as an individual through the Programme. With this in mind the Reps Programme can offer you:
- At least 2 bespoke training weekends through the year located around the UK to educate on various topics, update on our vision and create a unified team.
- Provide you with the equipment you need to carry out your role. All Reps receive their own Beach Clean Box and uniform as well as campaign-specific and promotional materials.
- The opportunity to attend great events – we are represented at some amazing places including Boardmasters Festival, the Ocean Film Festival and Paddle Round The Pier and our Reps are always invited to these.
- An incredible networking opportunity with over 215 like-minded individuals from all walks of life.
- Tangible experience and skills to boost CVs and increase job prospects within the conservation sector.