Whether you’re interested in water quality, marine litter, climate change, beach cleans or even simply surfing, there should be something here for you in SAS Films.
Spread the message of ocean optimism to your friends, families and communities by sharing the films and, if there’s a film you really like, why not organise a little screening to bring people together?
Introducing the biggest threat to our environment through our latest campaign, Wasteland is a gritty introduction to the realities of our single use plastic culture.
SAS Big Spring Beach Clean 2014
Take a look at what happens when you come along to an SAS beach clean. We’re bringing people together, educating young people, removing tonnes of plastic pollution and having a lot of fun whilst doing it!
Hugo Tagholm, SAS CEO – TedX Talk
Our CEO Hugo tells how his childhood love of shells paved the way for his current role in marine conservation.
Removing Ghost Gear
How we removed over 3 tonnes of ghost fishing gear from Cornish shores in one day by partnering with our good friends World Animal Protection and local volunteers with heavy duty machinery!
SAS Big Spring Beach Clean 2016
A scenic look at the main reason to get involved in SAS beach cleans.
Ben Howard & the Beach Rescue Project
We cleaned a beach, we had a BBQ, there was surf, the sun was shining, oh and Ben Howard just happened to play an exclusive set for us – that was a damn good day with all our favourite things!
Behind the scenes of our Marine Litter Tattoo campaign
Highlighting the permanence of plastic pollution, a tattoo artist from Philadelphia helped us illustrate the problem in our 2015 campaign.
A 6 minute documentary about us
Core members of our team Hugo, CEO, Andy, Campaigns Director and Dom, Head of Community & Engagement take a look at the problems we’re facing on our coastlines, and have a quick surf too!
Safer Seas Service
Here’s why you need to download our free app enabling you to check for local sewage discharges today.
Global Wave Conference
Here’s a quick overview of the epic Conference we hosted in 2015 that brought us together with some of the world’s most inspirational individuals, community leaders and organisations fighting to protect our oceans.
You can see talks from all of our speakers on the Global Wave Conference website: https://www.sas.org.uk/globalwaveconference/ – just scroll down until you see the list of names and click to see their talk.
Here’s a few of our favourites:
Marine Plastic Pollution
- Professor Richard Thompson, Plymouth University – Marine Litter: Are there solutions to this global environmental problem? – https://vimeo.com/142895301
- Dr Heather Koldewey, Zoological Society of London – Project Ocean – https://vimeo.com/142895298
- Dr Chad Nelsen, Surfrider International – Trestles: A prime surfing ecosystem under threat (https://vimeo.com/142857211)
Sustainable Surf Industry
- Dr Jess Ponting, Centre for Surf Research – Stoke Certified – https://vimeo.com/143394837
Oceans & Climate
- Kevin Whilden, Sustainable Surf – CO2 Emissions: Threats to Waves and Surfing Ecosystems: Ocean Acidification, Ocean Currents and Stratification – https://vimeo.com/142886807