Thank your for interest in becoming a Plastic Free Community Leader!
There are over 150 leaders across the UK working hard to achieve Plastic Free status in their communities. You don’t need to be coastal to work on this project, or even based in the UK. Plastic finds its way into our environment from every location on earth. Stopping our reliance on unnecessary single use plastic at source is the key to becoming Plastic Free.
Steps to becoming a Plastic Free Community Leader
To get you started on your journey, please follow the steps below:
- Check to see if there is a team in your community via our Map. If there is, get in touch with them and join the team! If not, then start your own team.
- Download the Plastic Free Coastlines Community Toolkit. The toolkit sets out 5 objectives required to achieve Plastic Free status. The toolkit walks through how to achieve Plastic Free status in your local area.
- Download and read through a copy of the Community Leader Agreement. This sets out what we ask from you and what you can expect from us.
- Return your signed copy of the Community Leaders agreement to email@example.com . Make sure you also tell us where you are working to make Plastic Free.
- Get started, start working through the toolkit to complete Plastic Free Objectives! A member of the team will get in touch soon to see how you are getting on. We may also be able to link you with like minded Plastic Free pioneers in your area.
It is also worth reading through the Plastic Free Community Brand Guidelines. This document sets out how you can get creative with your own Plastic Free location while maintaining the Nationally recognised look and feel.
If you have any further specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you ASAP.
Thank you for your effort and good luck!