Dip a Day in October
Terms & Conditions
By registering for Dip a Day in October, 2023, you agree to our Terms and Conditions below:
- I acknowledge that Dip a Day in October is a virtual fundraising event organised by the charity, Surfers Against Sewage (Registered charity number: 1145877) in conjunction with Facebook.
- I understand the event is free to enter.
Registering for Dip a Day in October via Facebook
- I understand that signing-up to participate with Dip a Day in October requires creation of a fundraising page through the third party platform Facebook and Social Sync.
- I understand that Surfers Against Sewage are not responsible for my fundraising account and I must contact the fundraising platform I have used for any issues I encounter with my account.
- When fundraising for Surfers Against Sewage: I understand that all sponsor forms and monies should be forwarded to Surfers Against Sewage, even if I do not complete my challenge. I understand that all funds raised must be payable to Surfers Against Sewage in sterling. I will carry out my fundraising in accordance with Surfers Against Sewage guidance.
Event risks, medical conditions & liability
- I understand that the Surfers Against Sewage’s Dip a Day in October is a virtual event.
- I confirm that I am physically fit and in good health to safely take part in Dip a Day in October. I have no known condition that would affect the ability to safely complete the challenge or would cause a risk of danger to myself or others.
- I understand I am 100% responsible for selecting a safe location to swim.
- I have read the safety guidance provided around safe water swimming.
- I acknowledge that I am participating in this event at my own risk and that Surfers Against Sewage, cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the event, as a result of my participation, unless caused by the negligence of Surfers Against Sewage. In addition, Surfers Against Sewage cannot be held liable for any changes made to the event for safety reasons, or as otherwise planned through circumstances beyond their control.
- I understand that I am responsible for my own safety and my own actions (including the safety of my possessions) whilst undertaking this challenge.
- I understand I must be accompanied by a responsible adult if I’m under the age of 18, to participate in Dip a Day in October
- By signing up to Dip a Day in October you are agreeing to receive information and resources from Surfers Against Sewage relating to the challenge.