Plastic Free Schools is a pupil led education programme, designed to equip pupils with tools and challenges that create positive, lasting environmental change.
The programme asks pupils to not only tackle unnecessary single-use plastics in their school but inspire Industry and Government to make positive strategic steps in the same direction.
A rule breaking, change making education programme
What it takes to become a Plastic Free School.
Since late November 2017 our Plastic Free Schools programme has equipped over 200 schools to begin working towards achieving Plastic Free Schools status.
Become a Plastic Free School
Register for a place on the Plastic Free Schools Programme!
Key Dates in the Plastic Free Schools calendar:
- October: Lead an Autumn Beach & River Clean
- December: Plastic Free Schools bundles sent to all participating schools
- January – March: School assembly & Trash Mob activation
- April – June: Working with Government and industry activation
- July: Send us your Plastic Free Schools evidence
Please note, we can only accept sign-ups from teachers or other members of schools staff.
*By registering you agree for your contact details to be stored in compliance with GDPR data protection laws and for SAS to use your data to communicate with you concerning our education programs.