Surfers Against Sewage supports renewable energies, including offshore renewables, as they can help reduce our carbon emission, and so reduce some of the impacts of climate change, not just on the marine environment, but also the planet as a whole.
However, SAS will examine every offshore proposal on a case-by-case order to assess any potential negative impact on coastal environments, surfing resources & recreation. There is an abundance of renewable wave, wind and tidal energy in our marine environment, but a finite amount of surfing resources.
Surfers Against Sewage have complied a database of the next wave of offshore developments, detailing:
- Where the proposed developments might be sited
- What technology is proposed for the development
- How many devices might be deployed and how they might be secured to the sea bed
- Detail of consultation and how to engage
- Developer’s and regulator’s details
- SAS’s position on the proposal
(SAS will not take a stance on any perceived visual impact.)