So you want to hold your own clean event? Amazing! Here’s our 5 step process to organising the event. Questions? See our FAQ’s below as well as our top tips.
1. First things first, choose a beach. Sadly plastic pollution is a global issue and all beaches are affected by it. Larger, more remote beaches will be harder hit.
2. Please download and fill in the following documents
3. Send the completed ‘Pre-Event Checklist’ to Jack and Laura via email at email@example.com.
4. Print off the following documents to have with you on the day of the beach clean to show volunteers who wish to read them:
5. Don’t forget to Say ‘Thank You!’ – Your clean volunteers are donating a valuable thing to support us, their time! Weekends are precious things and the fact that people not only want but actually look forward to spending that time with us is a truly inspiring thing.
* Thanks to an ongoing partnership with Cornwall Council and Clean Cornwall we have been given blanket permission to run cleans on their beaches. If your beach is on the list here; Council Owned Beaches you no longer need to complete the Beach Manager Notification Letter above. Just let the SAS Beach Clean Team know.