We’re delighted to announce that, this July, we will be returning to the fantastic Somersault Festival as their official charity partner for the second year. Situated within the grounds of the stunning Castle Hill Estate, just a stone’s throw away from the wave soaked North Devon coast we’re stoked at the opportunity to showcase our campaigns to over 12,000 ocean loving ‘Somersaulters’ and to immerse ourselves in this wonderful, five day, summer-camp festival.
Once again the beautiful, big, blue SAS tent will be brimming with big wave surfers, giant marine litter sculptures, tales of epic ocean adventures, interactive kids shows, secret gigs from amazing musicians, artisan workshops and of course our 20 strong team of amazing SAS Regional Reps. We’re all set to meet as many Somersaulters, old and new, so head over and join us for what is one of the most inspiring and enjoyable events of our year!
We’ve put together our most ambitious, exciting and downright amazing (even if we do say so ourselves) program of gigs, talks, workshops, films, campaigns and much, much more! The SAS Tent will be open from 9am – 9pm each day so please head over and say “Hi”!
SAS @ Somersault Daily Program
- 11:00 – 12:00 – SAS Breakfast Club – Ocean Movie Screenings and Q&As with some of the most talented and inspiring members of the UK ocean adventure fraternity.
- 12:00 – 12:30 – SAS Ocean Lectures – James Otter of the perfectly named Otter Surfboards believes passionately that many people need to reconnect with their hands and the act of making.
- 12:30 – 15:00 – Otter Surfboards “Build-Your-Own” Hand plane Workshop – James invites Somersaulters to join him and his team to make their own under his tutelage. Book Online Now! (NB; this is a paid workshop costing £70. With a 10% discount for SAS members and Golden Ticket holders during the festival).
- 13:00 – 14:30 – SAS Kids Songwriting Workshop and Performance with Millie Upton. Strictly for Mini-Somersaulters!
- 13:00 – 14:30 – Marine Litter Landscapes Art Workshops – Join our amazing artists to create a multicoloured marine litter garden. Strictly for Mini-Somersaulters!
- 15:00 – 16:00 – SAS Ocean Lectures – Dr Easkey Britton, Co-founder of Waves Of Freedom – Discussing the power of surfing as a creative medium for positive social change. Easkey is an internationally renowned professional surfer, artist, scientist and epxlorer from Ireland.
- 16:00 – 17:00 – Indie Kitchen Secret Sessions – Have you got an SAS Golden Ticket?
- 17:00 – 18:00 – SAS Ocean Lectures – Big Wave Surfer Andrew Cotton. After wowing us in 2014, Andrew returns with stories of riding even bigger, badder waves this winter!
- 19:00 – 20:00 – Indie Kitchen Presents – SAS Sunset Sessions. We saved the best for last. With secret performances by some of the biggest musicians at Somesrault, ease into a night full of music with the SAS team. Once you’ve set up your tent join us on Thursday evening too!
Also taking place at the SAS tent and across the Somersault site throughout the day;
- Exclusive SAS @Somersault Raffle – Win An Osprey ‘foamie’ surfboard, a hand plane workshop with Otter Surfboards, an Indo Board, a Somersault goody bag and a Pukka Tea Festival Ready Hamper.
- Marine Litter Photography Exhibition
- SAS Marine Litter Petition Collection
- SAS Campaign Awareness and Education Sessions
Saturday @ 7pm – Golden Ticket Reception
Join SAS on Saturday at 7pm for a star studded reception with exclusive speakers, films and musical performances culminating in the draw of the inaugural SAS Somersault Raffle. (NB; this is a Golden Ticket only event. For details on how to obtain yours visit the SAS tent!)
Somersault and SAS was a match made in heaven in 2014! We met thousands of incredible people and hundreds of Somersaulters joined the SAS family as members. We’re proud to be involved once again and stoked at the prospect of meeting thousands of new ocean activists this July.
Finally we’d like to say thanks to the guys at the Somersault Festival, here’s to a great 5 days!