We are looking for an experienced and dynamic charity professional to join the team to head up our fundraising activities. Based in our Cornwall HQ, this is an exciting opportunity will help us build on a recent sustained period of development, growth and impact for the organisation, which has galvanised SAS’s position as one of the UK’s most effective marine conservation charities. If you have a passion for fundraising, a strong interest in marine conservation and are looking for a new challenge, this might just be the role for you.
Role: Head of Fundraising
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: Membership Manager, Merchandise Manager, Fundraising Officer
Overall Purpose of the job:
- To take the lead in all areas of the fundraising department at SAS.
- To line manage 3 roles.
- To lead the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy in order to grow SAS’s restricted and unrestricted income in line with annual targets.
- To specifically take the lead in developing the following income streams, charitable trusts & grants, corporate & business, legacies and major donor.
Staff & volunteer management
- Manage and lead the Membership Manager, Merchandise Manager and Fundraising Officer. This included setting targets and work plans, assessing training needs, annual appraisals, recruitment and inductions.
- Recruit & manage long term volunteers to work on specific fundraising campaigns.
Support the Chief Executive
- Support the Chief Executive in his hands on role with fundraising. This includes preparing proposals, attending meetings & deputising for him where necessary.
- Coordination of income generation for SAS
- Development and implementation of SAS’s fundraising strategy, setting targets for each funding stream.
- Carry out Return On Investment assessments for individual fundraising streams and report to Chief Executive
- Oversee and support the development of SAS membership, merchandise & community & events fundraising steams.
Develop and manage the following fundraising streams
- Charity Trusts and other grants, preparing & administering applications
- Corporate & business giving schemes, both for specific
- projects and general business support through donations or product donations
- Major donor & legacies
Budgets & financial control
- Oversee the development of the income & expenditure budget for the fundraising department
- Administration of the fundraising budget
- Represent SAS to external bodies, SAS members & supporters.
- Be proactive in representing SAS externally to increase awareness of our work.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all activities fulfil SAS’s Health & Safety requirements, take part in H&S training.
- An ability to be flexible as the organisation requires, you may be required to undertake other areas of work and should be prepared to undertake duties appropriate to the post, as delegated by the Chief Executive;.
- All staff are required to abide by organisational policies and procedures.
CVs and covering letters to Hugo Tagholm, Chief Executive, SAS – [email protected]
Closing Date For Applications: Friday 5th June. (Extended from May 29th)