- Place of work: Surfers Against Sewage Ltd, Wheal Kitty Workshops, St Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0RD.
- Hours: 9am – 5pm for 3 month+ internships throughout the year
- Volunteer Expenses – £50/week to cover fuel & lunches.
- Day to day line manager: Pete Lewis.
- Overall line manager: Hugo Tagholm.
The role will include:
- Supporting all areas of administration for the fundraising team, data entry and donor care through thank you letters
- Researching & compiling a list of coastal universities and approach them to support SAS’s work through RAG weeks.
- Support and encourage SAS fundraisers.
- Researching & compiling a list of schools to approach in order to fundraise for SAS through World Ocean Day.
- Approaching 1% for The Planet partners in order to support the work of SAS.
- Undertaking a review of SAS’s online fundraising activity on www.sas.org.uk
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. SUPPORTING ALL AREAS OF ADMINISTRATION FOR THE FUNDRAISING TEAM,
- To be the first point of contact for fundraising enquires ensuring excellent customer care of current & potential supporters.
- Process donations and respond to all donors
2. RESEARCH & APPROACH VARIOUS ORGANISATIONS TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE
- Conduct research using the internet, fundraising directories and other sources.
- Approach organisations to support SAS’s work, using telephone, mail and email.
- Develop a compelling “Case for support” and use this when approaching organisations.
- Develop and maintain spread sheets with all organisations approached, enter relevant information into SAS database.
3. UNDERTAKE OTHER TASKS AS AGREED WITH LINE MANAGER
- Adopt a positive approach to personal and professional development; engaging in one to one meetings and relevant training.
- To be aware of, and act on, relevant health and safety responsibilities as an employee of SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE and adhere to these wherever you are working.
- To maintain confidentiality in all areas of work at SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post as requested by your line manager or any other member of the SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE team.
- Assist with the co-ordination of occasional supporter events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability & experience for the role to [email protected]
The closing date for applications for this quarter is January 31st 2014.