Surfers Against Sewage is delighted to have been nominated as the official charity partner of the Somersault Festival. Taking place within the stunning Castle Hill estate in North Devon from the 17th – 21st July, the Somersault Festival is a brand-new, five-day summer camp of music and adventure in the heart of the South West.
With surfers & environmentalists Jack Johnson and Ben Howard headlining, and the wave-soaked North Devon coast just a stone’s throw away, we are stoked to be taking our campaigns to what is set to be an amazing weekend.
The beautiful, big, blue SAS tents will be overflowing with big wave surfers, giant marine litter whales, tall tales of surf exploration, free art workshops, secret gigs from amazing musicians, the launch of the SAS Raffle and of course our 20 strong team of amazing SAS Regional Reps over the course of the festival. All we need is for as many ‘Somersaulters’ to come and join us for what’s set to be our most exciting and inspirational festival yet!
Taking Place Daily at the SAS Tents (with plenty more as well!)
- 10:00 – 11:30: Marine Litter Art Workshop (outdoors) & Andy Hughes – GYRE Movie
- 11:45 – 12:30: Surf Movies Screenings: Inspirational stories like Patagonia’s Slow is Fast and Come Hell or High Water and Mickey Smith’s Dark Side of the Lens
- 12:45 – 13:45: Marine Litter Petition Missions (join our call to halve litter on UK beaches by 2020) & Camp Made Art Exhibition – Outdoors
- 14:00 – 15:00: Surf Explorations with Sam Bleakley – Outdoors
- 15:00 – 16:00: Indie Kitchen Secret Session – Have you got an SAS Golden Ticket?
- 16:00 – 17:00: XXL Big Wave Surfer Andrew Cotton – Seeing is (not always) believing!
- 17:00 – 17:45: Come and say “Hi!” Meet our Surfers, musicians, campaigners and artists at the SAS tent as we wind down for the day – Outdoors
- 18:00 – 19:00: SAS’s Today at Somersault – Daily Blog Release.
Our program is growing every day so please keep up to date here and on our events page. As SAS supporters we hope to see you there & watch this space for news of exclusive Somersault offers & prizes.
The Somersault Festival is a new kind of summer experience – where music, adventure and outdoor living come together in the splendour of North Devon. We’re proud to be involved and stoked at the prospect of meeting thousands of new ocean activists.
Finally we’d like to say thanks to the guys at the Somersault Festival, here’s to a great 5 days!