Join The Team!
Thanks to a recent explosion in public awareness, our beach cleans have never been busier. We now need a smart, fast, passionate individual who wants to get their teeth stuck into this with vigour to become our Beach Clean and Project Coordinator.
- Reports to: Jack Middleton, Community Coordinator
- Salary: £16,500
- Base: Surfers Against Sewage, Unit 2 Wheal Kitty Workshops, St Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0RD.
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (evenings and weekends where relevant).
- Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
- 3 month probationary period
- Application Period: 12pm Monday 11th June – 5pm Friday 22nd June
- Interview Dates: w/c 2nd July
- To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to Jack Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will coordinate the day to day running of SAS’s highly successful beach clean programme. The successful candidate will work on promoting, facilitating and reporting on the beach cleans, liaising with the relevant Beach Clean Leaders and ensuring that all relevant parties have the equipment they need. They will also ensure that our beach clean operations are being promoted and reported on effectively. Specific jobs will include:
- Support the successful implementation of the Autumn Beach Clean and Big Spring Beach Clean, through detailed management of all registered events.
- Day to day running and monitoring of the beach cleans email address (email@example.com) which has seen a continuous spike since the start of the year.
- Running SAS Beach Clean Programmes from start to finish (initial email conversation, step by step process, sending out equipment, feedback)
- Adding all new, public cleans to the relevant regional page on the website.
- Keeping and updating a database of all Beach Clean Leaders keeping within GDPR guidelines.
- Keeping an audit of beach clean equipment and reordering where necessary.
- Running #MiniBeachClean campaign, continuing social media and reporting on social media stats.
- Developing improvements to make the current system for administrating beach cleans more efficient.
- Liaising with our courier partner to organise the collection of beach plastic recyclables from Beach Clean Leaders, in order to hit our ambitious 2018 Autumn recycling targets.
- Creating (with Community Coordinator) a separate process to facilitate river based cleans and the relevant documentation around this.
- Creating new relationships with local groups, councils and landowners to facilitate beach clean organisation and permissions.
- Working on other community initiatives as required by line manager.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to Jack Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.