- Place of work: Surfers Against Sewage Ltd, Wheal Kitty Workshops, St Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0RD.
- Hours: 9am – 5pm for 3 months +
- Day to day line manager: Andy Cummins.
- Overall line manager: Hugo Tagholm.
- Volunteer Expenses – £50/week to cover fuel & lunches.
The role will include:
- Being an integral part of a highly motivated, dynamic and driven team.
- Becoming a valued member of the SAS team working on vital high-profile & award-winning campaigns including; Sewage Alert Service, Marine Spatial Planning (south coast zone – community consultation) and Marine litter research and community campaigns & initiatives including Return To Offender and The Big Spring Beach Clean
- All projects & activities will be carefully mapped out by the relevant line-manager, with key aims, objectives and deliverables explained and time frames clearly defined.
- The internship will provide excellent professional experience and measurable achievements to help you take the next career steps.
- The candidate must be a good team player and be willing to muck in as and where required.
- Upbeat and motivated to undertake challenges & problem solve.
- Inspired by SAS’s mission.
- Interest in the marine environment and conservation
- Interest in community activities & volunteering.
- Good communicator, both written & verbal
- Interest/experience in project & events management
- Interest/experience in PR & communications
- Interest/experience of the water sports sector/community
- Dedicated team player
- Self motivated but able to work under instruction
- Full clean UK driving license
- Ability to work flexible hours if necessary
- IT literate (word, excel, email, internet)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability & experience for the role to [email protected]
The closing date for applications for this quarter is January 31st 2014.