Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) will be recruiting & educating new environmental ACTIVISTS at the UK’s biggest surf contest this summer. The Relentless Boardmasters takes place from 10th – 14th August at Fistral Beach, Newquay, and always draws huge crowds who come to see the best surfers in the world battle it out at Cornwall’s premier surf spot. The event offers SAS a fantastic platform to educate the public & local communities about how they can get involved with protecting the UK’s coastline.
Planned activities at this year’s festival include:
- SAS ‘Trash Mob’ Beach Cleans – daily beach cleans from 1pm – 3pm – organised by the campaigns team from the SAS stand at Fistral. SAS certificates and marine litter guides will be given to all volunteers, with exclusive SAS ACTIVIST T-shirts given to the first 20 volunteers each day.
- An exclusive gig for SAS ACTIVISTS – (Saturday 4.15pm, Watergate Bay site). A limited number of wristbands available for the most enthusiastic volunteers taking part in SAS’s daily beach clean activities on a first-come first–served basis.
- Exclusive SAS Cigarette Butt Bins & campaign stickers available FREE from the SAS stand
- Marine Litter Education Days. Including campaign talks & SAS’s new, giant interactive board game MARINEOPOLY. Prizes to be won every day.
- SAS Marine Litter Wave – have your photo take in SAS’s art installation on the beach at Fistral and at the Watergate Bay site
Thanks to the support of Sportsvision and the Big Lottery – Awards For All, SAS will be on site for the duration of the contest running Marine Litter Education Days relating to its on-going environmental campaigns. SAS is a not-for profit environmental pressure group focused on the protection of the UK’s oceans, waves and beaches for all to access,use and enjoy safely and sustainably, via campaigning, volunteering, conservation, education and scientific research. SAS represents surfers and the beach using community right across the UK.
For more information on the campaigns please see www.sas.org.uk . SAS reserve the right to change the programme of activities – please check website for any changes to SAS activities. For more information, please contact Adam Beare or Dom Ferris on 01872 553 001 or email [email protected]
SAS reserve the right to change the programme of activities – please check website for any changes to SAS activities