Be The Change ONLINE is a litter solution education programme from Surfers Against Sewage. OUR nationwide tour HAS inspireD and empowerED over 7000 pupils to create and deliver new solutions to protect the places they love. to scale this SUCCESS, We’ve now created ‘Be The Change online’ to ensure no school is left out!
How To Be The Change
there’s a litter disaster oN land and AT sea! our be the change resources have been designed to highlight the scale of the litter and plastic pollution crisis our seas, parks, schools, streets and beaches face.
Get started and run Be The Change in your school this June!
- Step One: Register your school!
- Step Two: Allow your pupils to take the Be The Change Pre-Workshop Quiz
- Step Three: Download our Teachers Pack – Our lesson plan will engage, enrage and empower pupils to act against litter in the places we love. Plan your sessions for the week commencing 4th June
- Step Four: Anti-litter Action – Armed with facts and evidence it’s time for pupils to take matters into their own hands. Together we begin to create ‘Anti-litter Action Plans’ that can be implemented in their school or community.
The workshop components of Be The Change Online are split into two engaging and empowering lessons for you to run
with your class.
The first follows the flow of litter, plastic in particular, from source to sea in our environment. Armed with this knowledge and evidence, in the second workshop, pupils will then turn their attentions to solutions and creation of anti-litter action plans.
Our lesson plans have been designed to meet KS3 attainment targets, but are easily adapted to younger age groups.
Teacher Notes: There are pause points throughout the animation designed to create engaging problem solving conversations with your class. Use your teachers pack to guide these conversations.
It's time for Anti-Litter Action!
There is a litter crisis on our streets, in our countryside and in our seas and YOU can do something about it.
- How to create an Anti-Litter Action Plan: With all of the knowledge and evidence you have collected we will now turn your attentions to solutions.
- Remember, every action we take, however big or small has an impact. Every piece of litter we remove is a small victory in our battle to keep our communities litter free!
- Use your Anti-Litter Action Planners to tackle the problem. Whether you are an artist, actor, scientist, sports star or fundraiser create solutions that can tackle the litter and plastic pollution issue in your school
Teacher Notes: Download your anti-litter action planners HERE.
Enter The Be The Change Awards
The Be The Change Awards have been designed to showcase your Anti-Litter Action Plans, enabling your litter solution projects become a reality! How cool is that!?
Your digital pitch must explain your idea clearly, highlighting why it is important, where and how you would implement your idea in your school or community.
Every entry will be hosted on the Surfers Against Sewage website for our expert panel of judges to determine who will be crowned the winner of the Be The Change UK Award and receive a £250 grant to make your plan a reality.
Teacher notes: The deadline for ALL Anti-Litter Action Plans is June 18th at 5PM
Use your teachers pack to help you run and engaging Be The Change lesson with your class.
To be uploaded 29th May
Use this Anti-Litter Action Planner and your amazing imagination to create an awesome project to reduce litter in your community!