Come join ‘Motivocean’, SAS’s National Beach Clean & Beach Sports Tour!
This August, Surfers Against Sewage in association with the Quiksilver Foundation & myGames (powered by v), will be hitting the road with the biggest beach clean tour in its history. Since 1994, the volume of marine litter on UK beaches has increased by 146%* and SAS is helping combat this tide line of trash through its beach cleans and ongoing campaigns. ‘Motivocean’ is SAS’s most ambitious beach clean tour to date and will be calling in at over 20 major UK beaches and waterside locations across the nation, including:
- 19th August: Porthmeor (St Ives, Cornwall)
- 21st August: Sennen (Cornwall), Tynmouth (Northumberland) & Cromer (Norfolk)
- 22nd August: Praa Sands (Cornwall) & Croyde Bay (North Devon)
- 23rd August: Porthtowan (Cornwall)
- 24th August: Fistral (Cornwall)
- 25th August: Bude (Cornwall), Newgale (Wales) & Gwithian (Cornwall)
- 26th August: Bigbury On Sea (South Devon) & Ainsdale (Merseyside)
- 27th August: Boscombe Surf Reef (Dorset), Belhaven (Edinburgh, Scotland) & Scarborough (Yorkshire)
- 28th August: Freshwater, Isle of Wight (Hampshire), Machrihanish (West Scotland), Saltburn (Yorkshire) & Brighton (East of the pier, near Yellow Wave)
- 29th August: East Witterings (West Sussex) & The Thames (London)
- 30th August: Broadstairs (Kent)
Everyone is welcome at the events and thanks to the support of the youth volunteering charity v, SAS can also offer volunteers between 16 – 25 years old the opportunity to access and experience exciting sports, including surfing, by participating in these beach cleans. The sea and coastal environment are a vital component of so many sporting activities from sailing to surfing, and SAS hopes to further build awareness about coastal conservation by linking beach sports to the protection of the environment.
To sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the location you’d like to join SAS at, your name, age and contact details. If you are between 16 – 25 years old, you can also sign up directly at www.vinspired.com.
So, please come along to an event near you, meet SAS team members and like-minded volunteers, and help protect a beach near you!
Hugo Tagholm, Director of SAS
We’re delighted to be holding our ‘Motivocean 20th Anniversary Beach Clean Tour’ at so many locations this year. The tour will help us engage a record number of new environmental activists and volunteers to make a meaningful difference to the UK’s precious beaches and the wider marine environment. We look forward to welcoming everyone to local events; our members, supporters, families and youth volunteers.